Wednesday, June 26, 2013

a letter to the 'Reblog' Blogger

Which ever way you take it.
I've been meaning to ask, what's the point?
Scheming through your site and something doesn't feel right. 
I guess what I'm trying to say is, I failed to find relevance in your art,
No, in your work and it pains me. 


We are South African, 
We are breathing, crying, creative, growing and fighting South African youth,
So
What does a picture of a semi-naked Someone have to do with the epidemic of ignorance found in the minds of us as the youth?
What will your prada bag or manolo glasses do for the young boy who is aspiring to be something which you, yourself can't be (in reference to your blog).
Beyonce is not an activist,  Kanye is not Jesus, I'm still an African hoping that my philosophy is valued enough to be uprooted yet you sadly claim to be innovative.


As far as my knowledge goes, the youth is the future and therefore we should be inspired to be real and not waste our potential idolizing celebrities. 
We are modern 
But another post on colourblocked Italian suits, commercialized stoner lifestyles and some celebrities goods (which are pretty much insignificant to your life, as well as mine) won't offer thought and definitely won't urge me out of my bed to initiate change.


What we are promoting, whisper it in my ear?
Because to most, you're just another space reminding others of what they are not, instead of inspiring them to become the best one can be. 
South African you say? That's a bit odd, all I see is superficial, superstitious superstars publicly living their lives.
So why aren't we living ours?


So
How do I fit in?
What would you like me to do?
How do I support you and still stay true to the depth of my roots?
This is not some black thing, this is deeper than race,
If we're proudly South African let's drop the phony act. 
Offer me a forum where my ideas are valued, blow my mind and engage instead of blinding me with lies because your content is far from authentic.
I want real people, who have real identities and not deceptive alter-ego's

Show me the hereditary legacy us as youth are re-evaluating,
I want to be South African and mean it!
Show me how to be the best kind of me by being genuine to yourself and not to what society exclaims, i.e 'Kim Kardashian gaining weight'
SO WHAT?


So if you're the example of what the future of South Africa is and will be...
I would rather wait here and die as an activist of all things real. 


#c


p.s yes, this is directed to you too.

1 comment: